Cyber Security Risk Investigative Manager
Committed. Competitive. Constructing our Future.
That's Travelers. We are one of the leading insurance companies in the United States. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy, and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Travelers Investigative Services (TIS) - Cyber Security Risk Manager Position is dedicated to providing expertise investigative services & consultative services to TIS, Travelers Technology Underwriting Business Operations, Claim Operations, along with Travelers Customer base on cyber related security measures, and cyber crime intelligence & trending on a global level.
Position will aid in the development of Travelers Cyber Security Risk Program, as an investigative expert resource for Travelers business operations to assist with risk exposure identification, and provide expert consult in the development of new coverage products & services to the market place.
Provide investigative expertise, consult & advisement in the area cyber crime & technology related risks to Travelers customers.
Direct involvement in the handling of large scale cyber crime related loses for monetary, property, data breach & intellectual property investigations, for verification of losses claimed along with development of intelligence.
Collection & Analysis of Cyber Crime Intelligence from both Law Enforcement & Private Industry Security Associations to provide analysis of current risk potential to Travelers Underwriting, along with the dissemination of information through advisory processes to Agency & Customer base.
Focus on the prevention and detection of computer intrusions, internet fraud, e-commerce fraud, and critical systems protection. Makes key decisions regarding the impact of the current & emerging cyber threat environment through the analysis of intelligence received and customer impact.
Proactively uses analytical skills to identify potential areas of cyber crime activity or identify areas of vulnerability to cyber crime to develop investigative plans and/or solutions.
Works closely with resources outside of TIS (e.g., business partners, industry associations, other insurance P&C carriers, banking industry, IT security experts) to maximize program development, efficiency and performance.
Coordination of efforts with Law Enforcement (Federal, State & Local) & TIS Prosecution Program, for pursuit of criminal prosecution of parties identified as being responsible for covered customer incurred losses, along with coordination of restitution through the criminal conviction process.
Conduct technical training of TIS investigative staff to build knowledge base in cyber crime investigative techniques. Provide constructive feedback and coaches as part of training efforts conducted, may conduct file reviews as part of this training effort.
Responsible for building technical capabilities amongst TIS, Risk Control & Claim staff to handle field related activities pertaining to cyber security risk assessment & cyber crime related loss verifications.
Work with Underwriting & Risk Control to conduct risk analysis assessments to determine/forecast potential risk exposures.
Assists in the identification and communication of trends, makes recommendations to leadership & business partners in areas involving cyber & technology related criminal issues. Works closely with Risk Control Marketing operations to develop cyber related papers, advisories or best practices on the subject of cyber security protocols & risk exposures.
Builds relationships with business partners (e.g., Claim, Legal, Underwriting, Risk, Bond, IS Security, Internal Security, Agency Marketing) to assure that priorities are being identified and addressed.
Assists Travelers Claim University to develop specific training programs & materials for the Cyber Security Risk Program.
1. Minimum of 5 years experience in computer forensics and related areas.
2. Minimum of 5 years investigative experience - Preferred
3. Preferred audit, investigations, or federal law enforcement background.
4. Court room testimony & experience also a plus.
1. Technical expertise in detecting and investigating cyber related crimes utilizing various investigative techniques and strategies.
2. Knowledge of computer operating systems and computer forensic best practices.
3. Experience working with cyber security tools and other forensic and security tools.
4. Knowledge of information & network security best practices and required protocols.
5. Knowledge and experience using tools utilized for reverse engineering malware a plus.
6. Knowledge of Liability, Bond, & Property coverage pertaining to technology products.
7. High level of computer literacy with proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, External Database & Internet proficient
1. Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors.
2. Able to articulate sophisticated facts to non-technical business risk partners.
3. Able to interface with other investigators and industry peers in subjects related to computer forensics and electronic crimes investigations.
1. Knowledge of conducting investigations associated with computer and network forensics.
2. Ability to identify control gaps and recommend remediation strategies on a regular basis.
3. Experience with conducting malware analysis / reverse engineering.
1. Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
2. High level of public speaking abilities as a subject matter expert in Cyber Security & Investigations.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with representatives of the Lines of Business, technology specialists, and third party vendors.
4. Ability to communicate with international law enforcement and intelligent agencies to solicit their assistance in bank investigations.
1. Bachelors Degree in Criminology, Business Management or Technology related fields.
2. Masters Degree in Business Management or Information Technology fields a plus.
¿ CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional a plus.
¿ CISM - Certified Information Security Manager a plus.
¿ GIAC - Information Security Certification a plus
¿ Advanced operation system, computer forensic, network administrator, and network forensic certifications a plus.
To apply please go to www.Travelers.com / Careers. The reference number for this position is 797386.
You can also forward your resume to: